Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I'm going to start with my New Year's day. It was the first time I saw my daughter drunk and unable to walk. She said she was sorry and I believed it, I had to. She cried and asked me to hold her and stay with her questioning me if I knew what I was to go to bed every day waiting to die, I said: I'm sorry... I don't know, I love my life. I pulled a knife off her hand, she was moving so slow that she didn't stand a chance. After vomiting she passed out; it was 5 am when I went to sleep thinking: Happy New Year to me. The night before we went to a New Year's service and the pastor had talked about how we must trust God while I was thinking "I can't wait to leave 2011 behind".  After this incident I can see it is not about the year... I must trust God. It is the only way I can go to bed at night and sleep, after putting my daughter in God's hand that morning it was the only way I could breathe, stop shaking and go to bed at 5 am in New Year's day. I got up at 7 am and went for my 20 mile bike ride with a group of friends, tears rolled down a couple times but I tried hard to concentrate in the road instead.

2 comments:

  1. Betty, My daughter is an alcoholic and tried to kill herself last April. We put her in detox, then rehab. She has been sober since May 2. She is doing well. I know your daughter has a chance to recover, but she has to really want it. I learned a lot from the counsellors and the AA meetings. You must have faith and be there for her. It will be with her the rest of her life. I'm sorry she and you have to go through this.
    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm prying and hoping that she will recover too. I'm trying to stay with the program to be able to understand more and be able to help her out by not enabling her behavior. Thanks Gordon.

    ReplyDelete