Saturday, January 7, 2012

One day at the time (Cherist the good days)

I am coming to the conclusion that it is true... you have to live one day at the time. Today was a good day not only because Alex was in a good mood but because I had a chance to ride again, the cold weather didn't even bother me because I decided I was going to have a good time. I went to my regular 35-40 mile Saturday ride while Alex and Banana went to the science museum, sorry I can't do museums... they are boring. During the ride once again I caught myself thinking about the future and what I'm supposed to do and about all possible outcomes, fear starts crawling back again in my spine and go to my head, my left hand start hurting and I am unable to shift to the big ring. I tried three times. I decided to live for this day only and stayed in the back of the pack like always. After my ride, I came home and watched the movie "Soul Surfer"; a couple of tears rolled down my face moved by the courage of this beautiful strong young woman who loves surfing and lost her arm to a shark attack. All that she thinks is getting back in the water and surf again. She tells her youth pastor "I don't believe that this is what God wants for me"; the pastor answers "I don't know why terrible things happen but I believe something good will come out of this". The movie is based on a true story. I believe that everything will be OK and that something good will come out of this. I plan to ride tomorrow again. I'll experiment a more challenging pace.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the pastor’s line in the movie - something good WILL come out of all the chaos. Keep on trusting and have faith in the one who’s got the plan. I remember reading Jeremiah 29:11 on your FB the other day - and it reminded me of this very thing. God’s got you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is hard to have faith because of the pain but I still search for God's face and pay attention to the little things that tell me that everything will be ok. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete