Monday, April 21, 2014

Life goes on

We lost a fellow cyclist a few days ago. He was hit by a truck while riding his bicycle during the early morning ride, a ride that my friends and I started doing a few years back home, the place that I call home and keep close to my heart, the place I want to go back to one day. Eddie was like nobody else, I saw him around a couple of times but saw many pictures of him. The pictures were full of life and captured his true nature. He was fun, hilarious fun. He was young father and a husband, a great friend. His body landed in the bed of the pickup that hit him and they took him away, they were trying to get rid of the body so the police found out later. My close friends who knew him better were devastated, I ache for them and for their terrible loss. Multiple histories, pictures and videos were posted and tears of honest pain ran down my face. I wish I had a chance to know him better. A crowded memorial and many rides were done in his name. I pray for resignation and peace for those who loved him. Even Alex sent me a text message asking me to be careful, that she didn't know what she would do if I get hit by a car. I told her that I was fine and that everything was going to be alright; thanks God she started taking her medication again... she seems to be doing better. Banana will graduate next month from college and mom will come to be there. I can't wait, I'm glad mom is coming and will be able to see her granddaughter's graduation. Things keep moving one way or another sometimes like this... painful and a little harder but this is life and it goes on, we choose to move forward focusing in the good things that make this ride worth it.


See you on the road...

1 comment:

  1. Losing someone in the family ca be complicated but through the Savior's sacrifice we can be resurrected again,and the amazing thing that we also believe that "Families can be together forever" http://www.lds.org/family/proclamation?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete