Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The three C's: I didn't Cause it, I can't Cure it and I can't Control it

I went to my first Al-anon meeting last night. I refused to read from the book but I still decided to stay. After few minutes I heard several cases, some of them coming from other parents with kids that have addictions and underlying mental illness like mine. When it was my turn I took a deep breath and told them how my daughter has 4 attempts of suicide and how she spent almost 2 months on a mental hospital plus one week in ICU. I could barely speak and kept saying that I know everything is in God's hands now but you could tell how painful it was for me to let go and really honestly leave things in God's hands. I mentioned my love to ride my bike and how even to do this is becoming almost impossible for me because I am so tired... I said that I'm falling on this bottomless hole unable to stop. One man talked about the three C's: I didn't cause it, I can't cure it and I can't control it. This stuck in my head and kept resonating on my way home. I think I am going back next week and tomorrow I will get in my bike and go for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment