Saturday, February 23, 2013

All about perception.


It's been a while since the last time I wrote. Things are moving fast but everything has been good so far.... Xmas came and left  and somehow the bad stuff seem so far away that it is hard to think that happened at all. Alex keeps working full time and has taken a break from school (another one), she has problems with her finances but seems to be doing better. She has been dating Corey for a year now, I think this is the longest relationship that she's had, I still feel that he is too young for her but only time will tell. She had a rough past week, unfortunately she ran out of medications and had a manic episode. I feel the chills running down my back when that happens. I try to help her focus and stay calm and the again the questions pops out... what is she going to do when I'm not longer here? I hope I can help her prepare for that moment.

I still miss my dad and some days I miss him even more. My faith is tested and I wonder  if I'm ever going to see him again. I want to talk to him, I want him to tell me what he thinks and feels. A few days ago I was thinking that I was glad he didn't have to witness my sister's separation of her husband because I feel that she is acting erratic but who am I to judge? As I told my mom, I'm going to focus in what I can control, in whatever it's in my hands or I'm going to go crazy.

Banana keeps doing an excellent job at school, she is getting ready to come in a couple of weeks for spring break. Jeff is excited about going to bring her home. He enjoys those road trips and banana likes hanging up with him.

Jeff and I went to New Orleans for vacation last month, I wish I could say I enjoyed it but there is a sadness lingering in that place. It smells like mental illness and substance abuse, I felt a little lost but I still got a couple of good pics of the Mississippi River.

Today I woke up sick but I still went to do my bike ride. I was feeling sorry for myself because of this dang cold I got, I dared to think that I was being brave for riding in this condition and also because of the awful cold weather, silly me. My friend Kathy was there as always with her big smile, ready to ride... I think she is around 70 years old and she is battling leukemia.... How's that for brave? Once again, it's all about perception and how you react to things.

No comments:

Post a Comment