Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No news in a while

Strangely, we haven't heard from Alex in a while. She is still away working, recently she had a promotion and she is going back to college. No news is good news... I guess. Then why am I bothered by it? maybe because I tried to call her several times and she only replies with a text message reading "work". I always try to be positive and hope for the best so I only try to call back again and again. I want to ask her is she is taking her medications, if she is doing ok. The sad thing about this is that she used to call all the time but because she needed money and we ended up not helping her any more; I felt that it was time for her to figure out how things work. I hope I made the right decision. I've been pretty busy myself, having job interviews to try and move away from the unhealthy work environment where I currently am. I finally got an offer and I will start working on my new job in less than 2 weeks. This will be the first time I'm going to work for a big company and I'll have complete benefits, a professional environment, a great tittle. I am so looking forward to this new chapter of my life but there is a lot of thing that I know I'm going to miss, like my friends or wearing jeans at work but overall, I think this chance will be good for me.

I got very excited when I heard I was getting the job offer that I went and signed in for an Aquabike in September. This is a 1.2 mile swim and a 56 mile bike ride race. This goal forces me to get up and train. I call myself a "chunky triathlete" or a "wanna be" mainly because I am not as committed as a lot of my triathlete friends but I also know that I do more than the average people out there. When I did my half Ironman distance a couple of years ago, I was the very last one; kind of embarrassing (you never want to be the last one) but someone told me that I beat all the ones that didn't try or didn't make it to the race, everyone else that stayed at home sitting in front of the TV so now I'm calling myself just a triathlete, no name calling. Cheers~


Me and my friend Gordon Haller (he won the first ever Ironman Triathlon in 1978)

No comments:

Post a Comment